The Energy Efficiency Export Initiative: key questions and answers
- What is the Energy Efficiency Export Initiative?
- When was the Energy Efficiency Export Initiative launched?
- How can the Energy Efficiency Export Initiative benefit you?
- Who operates the Energy Efficiency Export Initiative?
What is the Energy Efficiency Export Initiative?
The Energy Efficiency Export Initiative is a programme initiated by the German government to help interested parties from other countries bring energy efficiency know-how and experience home to their countries. In this way, they can tap the potential for local energy savings and energy efficiency, enhance their country's economic competitiveness, and make a positive contribution to international climate protection.
Foreign companies, experts and opinion leaders can benefit from a wide spectrum of services, including:
- Information events in Germany
- Fact finding missions to Germany
- German trade missions
- Fact-finding missions to Germany for key opinion leaders
- Foreign trade fairs
When was the Energy Efficiency Export Initiative launched?
The Energy Efficiency Export Initiative is a German government programme that was launched in 2007 under the lead responsibility of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy.
How can the Energy Efficiency Export Initiative benefit you?
There are two main benefits to the Energy Efficiency Export Initiative: First, you can participate in the initiative's programmes and activities. Second, you can use this website to search for companies that offer the products and services you need in the field of energy efficiency. This electronic database contains (a) contact and business information on every company registered with the Export Initiative and (b) relevant information on the energy-efficient products and services that these companies offer. This information is updated on a regular basis. With the help of this database, it is easy to find your new business partners in the field of energy efficiency and make contact with them.
Who operates the Energy Efficiency Export Initiative?
The Energy Efficiency Export Initiative is operated under the lead responsibility of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy. The Export Initiative's activities are coordinated and implemented jointly with the following partners:
- Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (chair)
- Federal Ministry for Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety
- Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research
- Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development
- Federal Foreign Office
- Federal Office of Economics and Export Control
- German Office for Foreign Trade
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- KfW Banking Group
- Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce
- Federal Industrial Association of Germany for House, Energy and Environmental Technology
- Federation of German Industries
- German Engineering Federation
- German Electrical and Electronic Manufacturers Association