With energy prices on the rise and fossil fuel resources becoming scarce, both economic prosperity and competitiveness increasingly depend on our ability to use new energy sources and energy efficiency solutions. This applies to all countries worldwide. The use of innovative energy solutions offers enormous potential for energy conservation in all fields. The promotion of smart and sustainable energy solutions in Germany has resulted in the establishment of an industry which offers some of the world’s leading technologies.
This industry encompasses several thousand small and medium-sized enterprises specialised in the development, design and production of renewable energy systems, energy efficiency solutions, smart grids and storage technologies. Also new energy technologies like Power-to-Gas and fuel cells are the basis for cutting-edge energy solutions.
Benefits of using smart and sustainable energy solutions
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and contribution to climate change mitigation
- Contribution to innovation, growth and employment
- Independence from fossil fuel imports
The transfer of energy expertise, the promotion of foreign trade and the facilitation of international development cooperation are part of the German Energy Solutions Initiative.
- networking and business opportunities both in your country and in Germany
- showcasing of reference projects
- capacity building
The initiative creates benefits for Germany and the participating countries by:
- boosting global interest in renewable and smart energy efficiency technologies
- encouraging the use of renewables and energy efficiency technologies
- improving economic, technical and political cooperation between Germany and partner countries
- generating jobs in Germany and abroad
Coordinated and financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi), the initiative is implemented in coordination with members of the advisory council and in cooperation with partners such as German bilateral chambers of commerce (the AHKs), the German Energy Agency (dena) and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). The coordination office is the central agency for all questions relating to the German Energy Solutions Initiative. The Initiative enlists the support of relevant service providers and international project partners. For more information, please contact the coordination office.