Transport Case Studies
- Aerodynamic add-on kit for semitrailers
- Use of braking energy to start moving or accelerate. Also, the energy can be used to bridge passages without trolley lines.
- The "Futura Carrier" is a new type of modular construction vessel for inland and coastal waters which adapts flexibly to existing waterways.
- Use of skysails on new vessels or retrofitted to existing vessels
- Weight reduction of the A350 by using carbon-fibre reinforced composites (CFRP)
- Installation of an electronic traffic guidance system in the Nuremburg metropolitan region which can process dynamic commuter flows, holiday dates, events and the use of local public transport.
- Modernisation of the automatic nine-aisle high bay warehouse of an automotive company with 22,000 storage spaces and nearly 4,000 movements in and out per day.
- Geothermal heating of points which uses a heat pump to obtain geothermal heat as required, enabling smooth usage in winter and reducing maintenance requirements.
Weight reduction of the A350 by using carbon-fibre reinforced composites (CFRP)
- 53% of the airframe of the new widebodied jet is made of composite materials, and is thus highly weight-efficient.
- The innovative CFRP-based fuselage concept reduces weight by means of optimal adaptation of the fibre layers and skin thickness.
- Furthermore, the A350 XWB has benefited from aerodynamic improvements and new consumption-optimised engines.
The innovative CFRP-based technologies help to ensure that the A350 XWB consumes 25% less fuel per seat.