Transport Case Studies
- Aerodynamic add-on kit for semitrailers
- Use of braking energy to start moving or accelerate. Also, the energy can be used to bridge passages without trolley lines.
- The "Futura Carrier" is a new type of modular construction vessel for inland and coastal waters which adapts flexibly to existing waterways.
- Use of skysails on new vessels or retrofitted to existing vessels
- Weight reduction of the A350 by using carbon-fibre reinforced composites (CFRP)
- Installation of an electronic traffic guidance system in the Nuremburg metropolitan region which can process dynamic commuter flows, holiday dates, events and the use of local public transport.
- Modernisation of the automatic nine-aisle high bay warehouse of an automotive company with 22,000 storage spaces and nearly 4,000 movements in and out per day.
- Geothermal heating of points which uses a heat pump to obtain geothermal heat as required, enabling smooth usage in winter and reducing maintenance requirements.
Modernisation of the automatic nine-aisle high bay warehouse of an automotive company with 22,000 storage spaces and nearly 4,000 movements in and out per day.
Gradual conversion of the storage facility during operations to the latest mechanical, electrical and control solutions, e.g. via the introduction of a system to capture braking energy. Also, the stacker cranes only move as fast as is required by the current job situation.
The most frequently required types of goods are now stored in the spaces which are closest to the point of need.
The throughput in the storage facility rose by 50% from 4,000 to 6,000 movements in and out. The energy conservation measures saved 118,500 kWh per year, equivalent to the electricity needs of roughly 30 4-person households. At current German electricity prices, this saving amounts to around ¤25,000 per year.